I'm a fool for a kitchen with marble countertops, glass tile, and oversized pendant lighting. But when I look at my own typical, eight-foot-ceilinged kitchen, I sigh. There will never be room for oversized pendants in a kitchen with eight-foot ceilings, but that doesn't mean resorting to ugly, domed surface-mounts (sometimes referred to as "boob lights").
Here are 10 fixtures that will have you asking, "Pendants? What pendants?" in no time.
- Otis 6", $109 from Schoolhouse Electric
- Nantucket Ceiling Light $129 from Shades of Light
- Jefferson 4-Inch, $155 from Rejuvenation
- Alabax Medium, $95 from Schoolhouse Electric
- Hudson Valley, $300 from 1000 Bulbs
- Manette Flush Mount, $432 from yLighting
- Warehouse Flush Mount Pendant, $137 from Barn Light Electric
- Good Earth Valencia, $84 from Lowe's
- Outback Flush Mount Pendant, $185 from Barn Light Electric
- Warren Nautical Flush Mount, $198 from Affordable Lamps