If you're looking for a quick snack or weeknight meal, don't forget about the humble egg wrapper! Did you know you can bake egg rolls? It's easy and far healthier than deep frying, and the filling options are almost endless. Here are a few favorites:
1. Reuben Sandwich Filling: This classic combo can be easily wrapped up and dipped in Thousand Island dressing instead of including it inside.
2. Pie Filling: Brush with butter before baking and possibly a little cinnamon sugar for that sweet crunch.
3. Cordon Bleu: Add chunk chicken, a little cheese, and ham and you're all set.
4. Does It Go On A Pizza? Add cheese and pizza toppings and dip into marinara!
5. Does It Go In A Burrito/Taco? Treat these wrappers as mini burritos or tacos and bake up your favorite meats and cheeses. Plate with fresh vegetables on top.
6. Patty Melt: It's the diner classic without the griddle clean up. Fill with burger and cheese and bake!
7. Chili: No really! You know how cooled chili is more a solid food than liquid? Spoon it into the wraps and bake. Dip in cheese sauce or take for lunch. Easy to eat without a bowl and reheats like a champ! (Likewise, thick stew also works.)
8. Macaroni & Cheese: Add leftover meats or vegetables before baking.
9. Omlette Fixings: Scrambled eggs, cheese, vegetables, sausage: If it goes in an omlette or morning scramble it can work here.
10. Just Cheese: Think of them as adult cheese sticks without the restaurant atmosphere.
Related: 5 Uses For Wonton Wrappers
(Image: Flickr member katerha licensed for use by Creative Commons)