It's almost heeeere! Our annual Small, Cool Kitchens contest launches later today (look for it soon on the site), so in celebration we went through past years' contests and pulled a few favorites. Do you remember Kathleen's totally serene rental kitchen? Or Megumi's metal file cabinets that she repurposed as kitchen cabinets? Check 'em all out above, and be inspired. There's no kitchen too small for style, functionality, and some serious cooking.
• Jana and Peter's Labor of Love (2011 US winner)
• Jenn's Smart, Cheap Toronto Kitchen (2011 International Winner)
• Kathleen's Serene Rental Kitchen with a View (2011 Finalist)
• Elizabeth's Bold, Under $500 Kitchen Makeover (2011 Finalist)
• Tanya's Former Light Bulb Factory Kitchen in East Boston (2010 US Winner)
• Megumi's Handmade Brussels Kitchen (2010 International Winner)
• Theresa's Sweet and Modern San Francisco Kitchen (2010 finalist)
• Phoebe's Crisp Organic Kitchen (2007 US Winner)
• Jessica's Blue and Silver Flair (2007 Finalist)
• Inés' Opened-Up Barcelona Kitchen (2010 Finalist)
What are you looking forward to about this year's Small, Cool Kitchens Contest? What are your particular small kitchen challenges?
• Real People, Real Kitchens: 15 Small, Cool Kitchens You Won't Want to Miss
• Real People, Real Kitchens: 15 More Small, Cool Kitchens To Check Out
• Real People, Real Kitchens: The Newest Small, Cool Kitchens to Check Out
(Images: The Kitchn)