'Tis the season for pumpkin spice lattes — and pumpkin spice everything else, too. Stroll through any grocery store, and you're likely to find pumpkin spice granola bars, cereal, and caramel corn. And that's just the tip of the pumpkin spice craze this time of year.
But whether you're a skeptic or in the #PSL-all-the-way camp, there are a plethora of ways to savor this colorful season. Here are 10 snacks that go beyond pumpkin spice.
- Cashew Cardamom Sprouted Almond Spread, $14 at Hatchery: Cardamom should be in every fall pantry, and this raw, organic spread takes it to the next level. We suggest slathering it onto a thick piece of toast and eating it while reading a book and drinking a cup of tea on a cozy weekend morning.
- Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai, $2.99 at Trader Joe's: There's something inherently cozy about a nice, spicy chai. This affordable 16-ounce bottle blends cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, black pepper, almond paste, and coconut cream to create a rich, vegan-friendly beverage.
- Organic Dried Persimmons, $14.99 at Nuts.com: Persimmons, which come into season in autumn, just have that fall flavor. And these snacks are an easy way to savor the season without baking a cake (although we recommend that, too).
- Cinnamon Apple Quick Bread Mix, $12.95 at Williams-Sonoma: Sure, it's nice to bake from scratch, but sometimes you want instant gratification, and this cinnamon apple quick bread mix delivers.
- Apricot Pumpkin Seed PB Energy Bar, $4.50 at Mouth: Okay, this snack includes pumpkin seeds, but with the addition of apricots and oats, these steer clear of anything too cliché. And, thanks to a pinch of sea salt, these bars hit just the right mix of sweet and savory.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds, $3 at Farm to People: This pick is simple yet eye-opening. After eating these seeds, you'll never look at butternut squash the same way again.
- Cranberry Nut Mix, $4.50 at Dean and DeLuca: Consider this your favorite trail mix, fall edition. One little bag combines pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, along with pecans, almonds, and golden raisins.
- Molasses Spice Cookies, $4.99 at Grey Ghost Bakery: Made with molasses, ginger, and vanilla, these cookies remind us of eating homemade cookies after school with a glass of milk. We're just happy they're available online.
- Nutty Apple Granola Bites, $6 at Caprera: These cereal bites deliver fall flavor in every cluster without the guilt. Raw, vegan, and gluten-free, they're perfect for those with food allergies and healthy eaters alike.
- Pumpkin Spice Caramel Popcorn, $9.95 at Eggshells Kitchen Company: Okay, this list wouldn't be complete without at least one pumpkin spice snack, right? This small-batch popcorn just sounds too tasty to pass up.