Every single holiday season I would help my mom make cookies to give away as gifts. She would dedicate several days (usually a few weekends before Christmas) to bake, bake and bake some more. I was always Momma's little helper and I feel as though I have an even greater appreciation for edible gifts now that I'm older.
My mom would make (and still does!) ten different kinds of cookies — all from scratch, of course. As the years have gone by, she's slowly but surely downsized the operation, but she still does it every year. Because this will be the first year I'll be hosting the family in my home, I was thinking of creating some edible gifts that they can take home with them. A little something to remember me and this holiday season by.
Luckily, I unearthed 10 fantastic edible gifts to share:
• 7 Edible Gifts in a Jar
• Break off a Piece! Barks and Brittles for Sharing
• Affordable Wines for Gift Giving: Red and Sweet Wines
• Gift Idea: Homemade Tea Blends
• Chocolate Toffee Matzo Candy
• Food Gift We'd Love to Receive: Whipped Brandy Butter
• Cake In a Jar
• Food Gift: Ethnic Spices and Recipe Ideas
• Savory Food Gift: Spiced Olives from Martha Stewart
• Spirited Gifts for Cocktail Lovers
What's your favorite edible gift to give?
(Image credit as linked above)