In the summertime, our Kitchn inbox starts filling with desperate pleas for vacation meal ideas. The gatherings are big and small — a beach house family reunion, a group of 10 friends renting a cabin, two families with kids sharing a lakeside apartment for the week — but the need for crowd-pleasing dinners made with minimal fuss after a day of vacation fun is the same. Without further ado, here are our top 10 meals that fit the bill!
All these recipes are easily doubled — even tripled! You can scale them to the size of your gathering without needing to worry how they will turn out. We also know how iffy the kitchen situation at vacation rentals can be, so the majority of these recipes rely on the most basic pots, pans, and casserole dishes.
What's your favorite meal to make for large groups while on vacation?
- How To Make a Very Good Chili
- Grilled Chicken Legs with Dijon & White Wine Glaze
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker
- Double Spinach Pasta Casserole with Pesto & Asiago Cheese
- Roasted Shrimp Tacos with Mango-Avocado Salsa
- How To Grill Pizza
- Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
- Grown-Up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Bacon-Cheddar Twice-Baked Potatoes
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)