The weather may finally be getting warm enough to poke our noses outside, but don't pack away your Dutch oven quite yet. Everyone's favorite pot can still be your friend in springtime. Roast a chicken in fresh and saucy coconut milk, or make a pot of Hot and Sour Mushroom and Rice Soup. There's a risotto of fresh spring vegetables that bakes into creamy goodness right inside your Dutch oven. Or make a big pot of easy, tender barbecue shredded chicken. Keep your favorite pot handy — these spring dishes will keep it busy.
A case of the sniffles? A batch of homemade chicken soup is definitely in order. For those who are dying to get into summer, make a pot barbecue shredded chicken while it's still tolerable to have the oven on all afternoon.
Take time this week to step outside, turn your face to the sun, and breathe deeply. But when you're ready to come back inside, choose one of these recipes and dive into the kitchen.
- 1 Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage & Rice Soup
- 2 Chicken in Coconut Milk
- 3 Braised Coconut Spinach Chickpeas with Lemon
- 4 Barbecue Shredded Chicken from the Oven or Slow Cooker
- 5 Baked Risotto with Peas, Asparagus, and Pancetta
- 6 Lemon Braised Chicken & Beans with Mint Pesto
- 7 Creamy Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 8 Chicken Tagine with Apricots, Almonds & Chickpeas
- 9 How to Make Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 10 Baked Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)