Melamine plates are a must-have for any dorm-bound college student. Not only can you find them in bright colors and patterns, but they are also almost impossible to break. The only drawback is not all of them are microwavable.
If you have a roommate or suitemates, buy at least two more plates than the total number of people living in the shared space — that way, movie nights don't turn into a BYOP (Bring Your Own Plate) situation. Here are our 10 favorite colors and patterns on the market today.
- Confetti Recycled Dinner Plate, $7 per plate from Zak! Designs
- School of Fish Melamine Dinner Plate, $6 per plate from Crate & Barrel
- Florentine Dinner Plate, $11 from per plate French Bull
- Galleyware Coral Dinner Plate, $34 for 4 plates from Wayfair
- Mudhut Ikat Dinner Plate, $15 for 4 plates from Target