Let's face it: Breakfast can fall into a real rut sometimes. And while almost anything can become a picture-perfect breakfast with the addition of a runny-yolked egg ("Put an egg on it!") what if you want to branch out and leave eggs behind? Maybe the grains, too? No grains, no eggs — what's left? Quite a lot, actually — starting with this heavenly avocado pudding. Read on for this and 9 more breakfasts that take a break from grains and eggs.
- Avocado Breakfast Pudding - A quick, easy, and delicious way to eat avocado for breakfast.
- Superpower Morning Smoothie - Smoothies are a broad category of breakfasts that help you get your fruits and vegetables by the fistful.
- The Breakfast Salad - Salad is delicious for breakfast, especially when it has a bit of fat from prosciutto and avocado, like this one.
- Banana Split with Yogurt and Jam - Banana, Greek yogurt, some nuts for extra protein, and you have a fun morning banana split.
- Make Your Own Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups - Make your own yogurt cups with plain yogurt, fresh fruit, or even swirls of cooked spinach and toasted nuts.
- Southwestern Tofu Scramble - Skip the eggs and go with silky, savory tofu instead.
- How to Make Diner-Style Hash Browns - Potatoes have a healthy dose of Vitamin C and hash browns are a treat, especially when served a green salad.
- Warm Chickpea Salad with Cumin & Garlic - This lunch salad also makes a hearty, easy-to-pack breakfast.
- Sweet Potato Hash with Caramelized Onions, Sausage - I really adore sweet potatoes for breakfast. This one is packed with savory flavor from the caramelized onions and sausage - an egg really isn't necessary.
- Miso Soup for Breakfast - A classic Japanese breakfast, warm and comforting.
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)