When you don't have a lot of time in the morning and want something more than just yogurt or cold cereal, breakfast recipes you can make in a mug in the microwave are here to save the day. From a single-serving blueberry muffin, to French toast, and even a mini quiche, you have a lot of options to choose from to make your morning just a little bit easier.
I don't know when exactly the insatiable appetite for microwave mug meals came about, but it's here to stay. I've written about microwaveable mug desserts before, and Faith shared a totally delicious recipe of an oatmeal Nutella mug cake. These recipes are just so fast and delicious that it's hard to say no to cooking when it's so easy.
Like dessert, I think breakfast can often be a struggle if you're not a morning person. This is the especially true if you prefer something hot to eat in the morning but usually eat at work. With a little preparation the night before, however, you can have something quick and satisfying for breakfast thanks to a coffee mug and an office microwave.
10 Quick Breakfasts in a Mug
- 2-Minute French Toast in a Cup – Pretty Prudent
- Single-Serve Blueberry Muffin in a Mug – Heather's French Press
- 1-Minute Microwave Quiche in a Mug – Full-Thyme Student
- Pancake Mug Cake – Kirbie's Cravings
- Banana French Toast in a Mug – Steph's Bite by Bite
- Microwave Cinnamon Roll for One – Immaeatthat
- Apple Mug Muffin in 2 Minutes – Civilized Caveman Cooking
- 2-Minute Scrambled Eggs – Where the Cookies Are (great option for work when you only have access to a microwave)
- Baked "Oatmeal" in a Mug – Food & Whine
- Strawberry Microwave Breakfast Bowl – Bran Appetit