This month marks the beginning of berry season, which may be our very favorite time of year. First come strawberries, which we're popping like candy, slicing up and putting on top of our morning yogurt, or layering with whipped cream and cake for a towering dessert that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Cherries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries are on their way and we're anticipating their arrival with berry-hued plates, cups, and serving pieces. They're the perfect way to add a splash of color to your dinner table. Plus, they look great with plain white dinnerware, too. And while berry season is fleeting, these pieces are good year-round.
1. Blown Glass Bowl, $6 from Anthropologie: Available in three colors, these delicate bowls would be lovely as part of a larger table setting or for serving ice cream.
2. Jars Tourron Place Setting, from $28 from Crate & Barrel: Each piece of this violet-hued dinnerware is hand-glazed at a 160-year-old factory in France, giving it a unique but rustic finish that’s perfect for everyday dining.
3. Scallop Edge Charger, $10 from Terrain: Raspberry-colored chargers immediately make you feel like you’re dining in Provence — even if you’re sitting at your kitchen counter.
4. Pink Acrylic Stemless Wine Glasses, $12 for 4 from World Market: No need to worry about broken wine (or water) glasses at your next picnic with this acrylic set. Plus, the rosy tint adds a festive touch.
5. Large Serving Bowl, $120 from Heath Ceramics: Heath pieces are an investment, but they last a lifetime. We love the slightly speckled finish on this blueberry-colored bowl.
6. White Check Kitchen Cloth, $15 from Fog Linen: Fog Linen is known for their super-soft fabrics, and these cheery kitchen towels double as napkins in a pinch.
7. Bambino Small Plate, $8 from Gretel Home: Made from eco-friendly bamboo with a melamine coating, Ekobo Home’s durable plates are perfect for outdoor dining.
8. Staub 5-Quart Round Cocotte, $300 from Zwilling: Staub’s cast iron enamel pots are uniquely constructed in France, with a rough interior texture for even browning and a tight-fitting lid that keeps food moist while cooking.
9. Tiny Ceramic Bowl, $15 from Alder & Co.: Buy one of these mini bowls in every color for a lovely pastel set.
10. Blue Dot Trays, from $36 from Jayson Home: A tray painted with dots reminiscent of blueberries makes a whimsical serving piece or a fun addition to your coffee table.