Wrapping gifts in paper bags - sounds rather unromantic, right? Not when you do it like Martha Stewart! Brown paper bags are a low-cost, easy option for making homemade treats and goodies look very pretty under the Christmas tree. Here are a few good ideas on wrapping in a paper bag.
We have a post from last year on packaging candy in a paper bag. This is one of our favorite ways to wrap almost any small gift: Put it in a rustic paper sack, punch holes, tie tight with twine or ribbon, and slip in a branch or two of fresh greenery or holiday decorations to make it pretty.
• Old-Fashioned Candy Goodie Bags
Martha also has some good ideas -- we especially like the simple ribbon threaded through the top of the bag.
• Gift Bags at Martha Stewart
• More Old-Fashioned Gift Bags
• Embellished Gift Bags
Here are a few more good ideas for alternative food gift packaging.
• Wrap Your Gifts in a Dishtowel, Furoshiki-Style
• Reader Tip: Use Bakery Sheets for Wrapping Candy
• Questions for Allie: How Should I Package Food Gifts?
• Wrapping Homemade Candy
(Images: Faith Durand and Martha Stewart)