What was happening on The Kitchn a year ago this week? Well, there was a lot of grilling. Also, two beautiful little kitchens in Paris, some favorite ideas from kitchen tours, a 12-step set of ideas for better pasta salad, a great quote from Mark Twain, and lemony pasta with ricotta and basil...oh! AND the NY Times best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Read on for these posts plus a few more highlights from this week a year ago. Posts picture above are in bold below.
• Two Paris kitchens: Chez Joan and Chez Colette and Pierre.
• That famous chocolate chip cookie recipe - what was your verdict?
• Do you know what agretti is?
• Good grilling: Sausage with Arugula Pesto.
• 5 creative kitchen storage ideas.
• How to make great iced coffee and better pasta salads.
• How can I grill indoors?
• Favorite recipes: Bittman's chicken adobo, plus fried squash blossoms, Lemony Ricotta Pasta with Basil, and homemade paneer cheese.
• A favorite summer wine: Pietra Santa Chardonnay.
• Clean the grill with an onion!
• Favo(u)rite British kitchen words....
Previous Year-Ago Lookback: How To Make a Wedding Cake, The Best Cheap Cabernet, and What To Do With Leftover Egg Whites