Ice cubes, popsicle molds, berry pies, and Father's Day recipes. Yes, summer was in full swing a year ago this week, here at The Kitchn. Here's a look back at some of what we were talking about then. Read on for a wine quiver, best campfire cooking, a recipe for creamy vinaigrette, pimento cheese, baking cookies on a hot dashboard, and a great memory trick for keeping cups, pints, quarts, and gallons all straight.• Stay cool! Popsicle molds
and a guide to the best ice for summer cocktails
• A classic market: Ferry Building Market in San Francisco.
• Zingerman's Great Unknowns.
• Hot not? Ivy in the kitchen.
• Can you bake cookies on your dashboard?
• All about oaked Chardonnay.
• Three weeknight dinners: asparagus, goat cheese, and orange pizza, cold sesame peanut noodles, and chipotle chicken salad tacos.
• DIY Creamy Vinaigrette
• Camping gear: the wine quiver. Plus best campfire foods.
• In season: edible flowers, arugula,
• A Southern classic: pimento cheese.
• What is on your refrigerator? Also, what was your worst kitchen injury?
• Are IKEA's MOTTO dishes safe in the microwave?
• Summer pies!
• A bright rental kitchen that feels so personal.
• How many cups are in a gallon?
• A double-tier produce basket.
• Recipes from our fathers.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: