How about a sticky spiked double-apple cake with brown sugar brandy sauce to kick off the fall? Yes, that's our plan too. See that recipe from a year ago this week, plus good resources on baking bread, recipes with fresh feta cheese, what to do with green tomatoes, a website that helps coordinate meals for people, and saving money in the kitchen with Craigslist. • All about bread: How to shape a round loaf
, and have you tried the whole wheat no-knead bread
• Clever flex-it measuring cups.
• Four recipes with feta cheese.
• Mealbaby: making it easier to share food with people who need a homecooked meal.
• Miso potato salad with yellow wax beans. Also, sweet potato with maple-pecan-shallot butter. Awesome lunch!
• Do you leave the dishes to the next morning?
• Steak can be a frugal meal.
• Fabulous apple recipes: Sticky spiked double-apple cake with brown sugar brandy sauce and tarte aux pommes. Plus, crab apples poached in sweet wine.
• Great appetizer! Butternut squash and Parmesan dip.
• Why farmers and grocery stores still stock Red Delicious apples.
• A few ways that Craigslist can save you money in the kitchen.
• A beautiful (and cheap) spice storage solution.
• Kitchen tour with a jam-maker.
• What to do with green tomatoes.
• Ricotta, fig, and honey breakfast tartine.
• What's your favorite eating apple?
• See the whole week's archive: October 12-19, 2008
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Best IKEA Kitchen Stuff and Tips for Great Sandwiches