What was popular in May 2012? Let's see: Pasta carbonara (an authentic recipe!), and 25 food writers' safety drinks to order at bad bars. Plus, flavor variations for magic banana ice cream and why recipe writers lie about caramelizing onions.
Top 10 Posts of May 2012
• 1 15 Fresh, Simple Cocktails for Spring
• 2 14 Simple, Delicious Recipes with Just 6 Ingredients (Plus Salt)
• 3 Sunday Cooking: 10 Meals That Will Last the Entire Week
• 4 What Drink Do You Order at a Bad Bar? - 25 Food Writers Share Their Safety Drinks
• 5 Feeling Hungry? Grab an Orange!
• 6 20 Scrumptious Brunch Recipes
• 7 Magic One-Ingredient Ice Cream 5 Ways: Peanut Butter, Nutella, and More
• 8 Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana & Beyond: 15 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
• 9 Why Recipe Writers Lie About Caramelizing Onions
• 10 Authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)