This past March we went meal by meal, eating our way week by week through breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. We especially love focusing on lunch, since eating a good lunch is such an important part of staying nourished every day. Here's a look back at 10 recipes that emerged from March — from frittata cups with kale and goat cheese that are good for any meal of the day, to lentil wraps that beat the socks off Trader Joe's very popular version, to barbecue shredded chicken that can be made and frozen ahead of time. There are vegetarian lunches, and lunches with meat — take a look! VEGETARIAN LUNCHES
• 1 Kale and Goat Cheese Fritatta Cups
• 2 Spicy Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
• 3 Boiled Egg, Seared Asparagus & Pickled Onion Sandwiches
• 4 Black Rice Salad with Avocado and Grapefruit
• 5 Springtime Soba with Miso Sauce
• 6 Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps with Caramelized Onions and Pesto (chicken optional!)
LUNCHES WITH MEAT
• 7 Chicken Cordon Bleu-Croque Monsieur
• 8 Yogurt-Marinated Chicken & Creamy Greek Sauce
• 9 Sausage, Artichoke & Goat Cheese Egg Bake
• 10 Barbecue Shredded Chicken
* * *
Welcome to The Kitchn's Best of 2012 roundup!
From December 17 through January 1 we are rounding up some of our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)