- Columbus, OH
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- French country home meets sleek modern accessibility. Artist-designed custom finishes, local materials and artisans make this 90% American made.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Being recently wheelchair bound, I challenged the standard solutions to ‘accessible design’ and created my own aesthetically pleasing and fully accessible modern solution. The biggest challenge was convincing others that it could be accomplished (and creating a wall that could support floating shelves made of repurposed Ohio barn beams and 4” thick Boos Block countertops)!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I approach cooking as a creative process, first picking out fresh organic items and building upon them. I don’t use recipes, but always including garlic and olive oil. Keeping a mostly vegetarian diet I do have times where seafood becomes the centerpiece of the meal. Using a tuna steak, Alaskan salmon, or some large scallops I sear them in olive oil, garlic, and S&P and pair with kale sesame soy-ginger noodles.
Small Cool Kitchens