When I sat down this morning to tell you all about these chicken recipes, some of the best in our archives, I had to pause for a moment to gather inspiration. What is there to say about chicken? It's the basic of all basics in the meat-eating cook's repertoire — relatively inexpensive, easy to prepare, and just plain dull, some might say, bored to tears with an endless parade of grilled chicken breasts.
But that's my appeal for you today, dear readers: Chicken does not have to be dull. We fall into the same old ruts, the same old reliable recipes. But it's fall, and it's time for something new. We have 15 fresh (yet still reliable!) recipes for you — from a rich, soupy dish of caramelized onions and braised chicken thighs; to a stew of chicken, kale, and white beans; to the simplest, tastiest lemon garlic chicken, simmered in the slow cooker.
Chicken is too good to be dull! Find a new favorite, a fresh classic, for dinner tonight in these recipes.
• 1 Braised French Onion Chicken with Gruyère
• 2 Slow-Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
• 3 Chicken in Coconut Milk
• 4 Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fennel and Lemon
• 5 Chipotle Chicken Fajitas (Grilled Indoors!) with Creamy Black Bean Spread
• 14 How To Roast a Chicken
• 15 How to Cook Moist and Tender Chicken Breasts Every Time
What are your favorite chicken recipes? We'd love to discover more recipes through you!
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)