Cool and Spicy Avocado Pork Tacos with Mexican Cart Style Corn on the Cob
1 lb meat (chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 c cilantro leaves
1/4 tsp salt
small corn tortillas
Quick Pickled Onions
1 Sweet Vidalia Onion, 1/4" dice
1/3 c packed cilantro leaves, chopped
1/3 c white vinegar
Avocado Salsa (mild)
1 ripe Hass avocados
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1/3 c packed cilantro leaves
1 c water
1/2 lime juiced
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp garlic or onion powder
Elote (Mexican style corn on the cob)
2 fresh ears of corn on the cob
2 T mayonnaise
4 T parmesean cheese
0. Fill pot with 3" water. Place ears of corn in water, cover pot and bring to boil over high heat.
1. Dice meat into small cubes (about 1/4"). Toss with cumin, salt and pepper.
2. In separate bowl, mix onions with vinegar and cilantro. Set aside.
3. Halve, pit, and peel avocado. Combine the avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, water, onion podwer and lime juice in
a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt.
4. Heat non stick skillet over high heat, adding chopped meat. Cook through, stirring frequently,
about 5 minutes. Squeeze lime over meat and toss to coat.
5. Corn should be cooked through (test by poking kernels with fork). Remove corn from pot and set aside.
Place a spoonful of meat in the center of the corn tortilla, top with 1 T of Avacado Salsa and 1 T Quick Pickled Onions. Garnish with cilantro.
Spread 1 T mayonnaise over each ear of corn. Squeeze lime over mayo, rotating corn to coat thoroughly. Sprinkle 2 T parmesean and chili powder to taste over each ear. Serve and enjoy.
Thanks Brett, and good luck! Readers, give Brett a thumbs up if you like this recipe!