How about these cute and crispy nests made from hash browns baked in muffin cups, stuffed with spinach, eggs, and hollandaise? Or grapefruit scones with honey and oats? If your breakfast tastes run to something richer, these extra-easy chocolate-glazed doughnuts should do the trick. We also have a hearty supper of braised lamb shanks, and a bright, colorful salad of couscous, butternut squash, and cranberries.
And lest you forget: Mardi Gras is this Tuesday, so to get the party going we have a seriously upscale hot dog, with smoked bacon and onion marmalade — and the true, the original Mardi Gras cocktail itself: A genuine Hurricane.
• Eggs Florentine in Hash Brown Nests
• Honeyed Grapefruit Oat Scones
• Pepper Weenies with Smoked Bacon and Vidalia Onion Marmalade
• Seared Bitter Greens Salad with Roasted Beets, Spiced Pecans and Roquefort
• Basic Raita
• Braised Lamb Shanks and Root Vegetable Puree
• Couscous Salad with Butternut Squash and Cranberries
• Spiced Doughnuts With Dark Chocolate Glaze and Candied Bacon
• Blood Orange Syllabub
• Scotch, Espresso and Vanilla Affogato
• The Original Hurricane
Last Week's New Recipes: Raspberry Brownies, Steak with Mushrooms, Carrot Fritters, Quick Pasta, Stir-Fried Greens & Pudding Cakes
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)