Yes, we know Super Bowl Sunday is all about wings, dips, and things topped with cheese. But when you've got two cities (ok, New England is a region) that are famous for pie, it's hard not to get all theme-y with the menu. (We're quite predictable. Have you seen our Oscars party coverage?)We're not even stretching here. This is a great menu for a non-Super Bowl day—filling, crowd-pleasing foods that can largely be made ahead of time. The pizza will need to be cooked on-the-spot, but it's quick (and if you want to concentrate on the other dishes, you can always order delivery).
• Pigs in a blanket, a nod to New York's hot dog vendors.
• Mini pastrami sandwiches on rolls.
• Any dip served with bagel chips.
First Course (PATRIOTS)
• New England Fish Chowder
• No-Bake Boston Cream Pie Strata, above.
• Giants fans could also go with black & white cookies.
More Super Bowl recipes:
• Kitchen Sink Super Bowl Bars
• Chili with Pasta and Wisconsin Cheddar
• Taco Bar
• Beer and Cheddar Dip
• Bacon-Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
• Spicy Meat-Filled Phyllo Cigars
• How to Build an Edible Super Bowl Stadium
(Images: Elizabeth Passarella; Sabra Krock)