We're planning a Halloween party in a couple of weeks, and we've got the menu almost set, but we're missing something that's crunchy and salty. We're trying to keep the menu as classy as we can, and sort of harvest-themed. Any ideas for something that will fulfill our needs? (We're hoping to stay away from the usual chips and pretzels.) Here's the menu so far:
• Spiced steak bites with cumin sour cream
• Charcuterie and cheese plates with a variety of crackers
• Seasonal fruits and vegetables (pears and carrots in as many colors as we can find)
• Cherries in a honey brandy reduction with mascarpone
• Pumpkin spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Sent by ClaireEditor: Claire, if you want an appetizer, how about these:
• Spicy Cheese Sticks Served with Sun Dried Tomato Hummus and Green Olive Tapenade
Similar things: homemade cheese crackers, puff pastry cheese straws and traditional cheese straws.
If you want a vegetable or side dish, what about some sexy spicy broccoli or broccoli rabe? Or some pickled cabbage?
Readers, what else would you suggest?
Related: No Utensils: Tips on Appetizer-Ready Portions Without Toothpicks