Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we couldn't pass up this poor man's sous-vide method: Cook your meat in a beer cooler! Read on for this plus David Lebovitz's chocolate chip cookies, Thomas Keller's one-pot roast chicken, and sausages over white beans. • Cook Your Meat in a Beer Cooler: The World's Best (and Cheapest) Sous-Vide Hack
- Sous-vide gadgets remain prohibitively expensive, so why not turn to the obvious solution: A beer cooler.
• Eat for Eight Bucks: Sausages on Buttered Beans with Fresh Herbs - Pan-fried lamb sausage, buttered beans, and salad. What's not to love?
• Thomas Keller's One-Pot Roast Chicken - With roast vegetables — a perfect meal.
• Stuffed Burrata at Don Otto's in Boston's South End - Creamy mozzarella stuffed with lavender honey or preserves? Yes please.
• David Lebovitz's Chocolate Chip Cookies - Caroline Russock says that these have Thomas Keller's all beat.
Previous Good Eats: Strawberry Vanilla Agua Fresca
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)