Greek food is sounding particularly good here in the hottest days of summer, so we were really fascinated to see these old-fashioned "spoon sweets" at Serious Eats. Every week we bring you our favorite posts on cooking and eating from our friends at Serious Eats, and this one was really interesting. Read on for more about spoon sweets, Japanese fried chicken, some nasty bits made delicious, and stewed beets. Oh, and basil lemonade too.
• Snapshots from Greece: Spoon Sweets - Sweet nuggets made at home and offered when guests come over for coffee. They look so interesting!
• Eat for Eight Bucks: Japanese Fried Chicken and Two Simple Salads - A pretty salad and cheap fried chicken. Good summer eating!
• The Nasty Bits: Menudo Rojo, or Red-Chile Tripe Soup - Spicy tripe soup -- this looks unexpectedly delicious.
• Cook the Book: Stewed Beets with Beet Greens and Ginger - The beets in the garden are almost ready, and then we'll be eating a lot of them. This looks such a healthy, colorful, and scrumptious dish.
• Healthy & Delicious: Basil Lemonade - Refreshing!
Previous Good Eats: Is Ham the New Bacon?
(Image: Erin Zimmer/Serious Eats)