In today's food news, via our friends at Food News Journal: Has the cake pop jumped the shark? Plus, farmers protest in Tokyo, students fight to save a garden-based school, and the Washington Post features a great profile of Bob, the man behind Bob's Red Mill.
Read on for more news of the day via Food News Journal.
• Angry farmers protest in Tokyo - NZ Herald
• Students fight to save innovative garden-based school - Grist
• Welcome to the Neighborhood Farm - Utne Reader
• Red Hot Chili Peppers May Help You Lose Weight - TIME
• Anxiety's on Menu for People with Food Allergies - US News
• Neb. nutritionists blame economy for food deserts - Business Week
• No End in Sight for China's Food Safety Scandals - TIME
• How to Sell Dieting to Men? No Celebrities - Slate
• Bob Moore: a man with a mill and a mission - Washington Post
• Will Starbucks Kill the Cake Pop? - Honest Cooking. Includes recipe for lemon cream cheese cake pops!
(Images: Bria Helgerson/Honest Cooking; Food News Journal)